Visitors Guide to PRP
ALL EMERGENCIES: 911
Huggins Hospital (Wolfeboro) 603-569-7500
Frisbee Hospital (Rochester) 603-332-5211
Wentworth-Douglas Hospital (Dover) 603-742-5252
Poison Control 800-222-1222
Police – Wakefield 603-522-3232
Fire – Wakefield 603-522-8336
Power Outage – PSNH 800-662-7764
Power Outage – NHEC 800-343-6432
State Police Emergency 800-525-5555
White Mountain Medical Center Walk-In Care
2531 White Mountain Highway, Sanbornville, NH
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm, Saturday 9am – 1pm
Animal Control Reporting 603-271-3361
Animal Control (lost animal retrieval) 603-539-2285
Fish & Game 603-271-3421
Poacher Reporting 800-344-4262
Landfill/Transfer Station 603-522-3590
Loon Preservation Society 603-476-5666
Marine Patrol Emergency 877-642-9700
NH DES Dam Failure 603-271-3406
NH DES Shoreline 603-271-2147
Town Directory 603-522-6205
Town Clerk 522-6205, x306
Selectman’s Office 522-6205, x300
DO’s and DON’Ts
- Abide by NH boating rules. Headway speed within 150 FEET of shore, docks, rafts, swimmers and other boats. Canoes, kayaks, rowboats, sailboats, and swimmers have the RIGHT-OF-WAY. Observers for towing skiers/tubing must be at least 13 years old. Children 12 and under MUST WEAR a Coast Guard approved PFD when on a vessel. From SUNSET TO SUNRISE, navigation lights are required when boating, and skiing/tubing/boarding is PROHIBITED.
- Fishing – NH regulations apply. Please pick up a copy of regs when purchasing a fishing license.
- Leash law in effect.
- Purchase transfer station permit at the Town Hall in Sanbornville and dispose of trash properly.
- Campfires – Obtain a permit from the fire warden at Sanbornville Fire Station (no charge) or obtain online (small fee).
- IMPORTANT – NH law requires removal of all plants from boats, trailers, and fishing equipment before launching and when exiting the lake. Milfoil and other invasive species is of serious concern for us all.
- Jet skis are BANNED by NH law on PRP. PWC’s that seat 3 or more are permitted. Must be 16 or older to operate.
- No washing or shampooing in or near the lake.
- Mooring to a navigational marker is prohibited by NH law.
- NO PUBLIC LAUNCH – Do not allow others to use your launch unless you supervise or have signs posted at the launch site to protect from milfoil and invasive species being introduced into PRP.
- NO EXCESSIVE NOISE AND LIGHT – Please be considerate of your neighbors. Sound travels and lights reflect across the water. Please keep music turned down and flood lights off after dark.
- ATV’s are NOT allowed on private land or roads without written permission of owner. It’s the law!
Pine River Pond does not have any public access point or public beach.
Property owner must be a member of the PRP Association, Inc. to use the Lord Road Boat Ramp.